Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 Catch-Up....SUMMER

I know that it seems so unfathomable that I am actually updating our blog.  It may be the only one for a while or it could be the start of a new resolution, tune-in for the answer. 

Anyhow,  I have decided to update you on how our summer, fall, and then winter went.  I think 3 swift updates should do the trick. 


SUMMER

First of all, we moved this summer.  We decided to save money and help out my mama and live with her for a while.  We rented out our place and moved into my mom's place in August. Our new address is 508 37th Ave. Ct. Greeley, CO 80634

This summer was actually a pretty nice one.   Alex was old enough to be out and about and was on a more regular NO sleeping schedule and Aiden was ready to do new and fun things. One great decision we made in the Spring was to purchase a Bittersweet Pool membership.  This allowed us to go to the pool anytime and to have discounted lessons and for Aiden to participate on the swim team.  We went to the pool nearly everyday and many evenings. Other than just belonging to the pool, I volunteered to do the pool socials for the summer.  What I was thinking I DO NOT know but I did it with the help of my AMAZING hubby and the Pool board President, who happens to be a church member I have known nearly my whole life. 

I decided to put Aiden on the swim team because it was cheaper than paying for lessons every 2 weeks and it was longer.  He swam everyday for 45 minutes and had Meets nearly every week.  He was the youngest on the Bittersweet team and probably one of the youngest among all the local swim teams.  He was amazing.  He did BEST at Freestyle and Backstroke.  He struggled with the more difficult Breaststroke and Butterfly BUT he persevered and won many ribbons.  He was always working hard and made many new friends.  We are hoping to do it again this summer. 

Aiden also had the opportunity to participate in a British Soccer Camp.  Aiden has been playing many seasons and we decided he liked it enough to warrant paying for this camp.  Well it was definitely money well spent.  Aiden thought initially that the coaches didn't speak English because of their accent, FUNNY and Aiden LOVED it and improved SO SO much. 

Alex was GREAT at the pool and loved the water.  We got a floating seat thing from Angie that allowed Alex to sit and chill in the baby pool and drift or walk where ever he wanted.  He loved it and being around all the other toddlers.  Jay was able to join us many evenings and play and have dinner. 

Jay and Aiden were even able to participate in a swimming pool camp-out.  Aiden LOVED it, as did Jay although they didn't get much sleep in with all the other teenagers "camping."  Jay and Aiden were also able to go to the Martin Handcart Company Trek site in middle-of-no-where Wyoming.  They, of course, had a great time and Alex and I stayed home and got NO sleep and had a great time too! 

In the beginning of the summer Jay was able to go with his family to Bishop, CA (his hometown) to see 3 of his cousins graduate and to have some fun.  We wish we could have gone but it didn't work out because my Grandma and 2 Aunts on my mom's side were going to come and visit.  So me and the boys stayed behind to enjoy some time with my Grams and my Aunties, and my amazing cousin Elizabeth.  Fun times.

Among other things we also went to the zoo several times with friends and family.  We bought a membership there which we have definitely put to good use. 

I am finishing this post and had thought when I sat down that the summer of 2011 was lame BUT let me tell you, now that I am looking back it was GREAT!  I am happy, healthy, and couldn't ask for more. 

Here are some pictures...they are in random order!!



Jay and Aiden at the Zoo

Aiden looking good in his Sunday Best!
LOVE this.  Need I say more?

Alex being cute!
Brotherly love

4th of July fun at Windsor Lake
Alex cruising along
Rowan, David, Aiden, Anna, Max, Kieran, and Sebs
Cousins FOREVER baby!

Too Cool For You

Sena and Jay in Bishop...looking good!

Adrian, Jay, Sena, and Selina.
Bishop, CA

Cousins
Bishop, CA


Getting ready to go tubing!
Bishop,CA

Jay, Marta, Alberto, Sena, and Tino
Bishop, CA

Guia, Roberto, Jay, Sena, and Kiko
Bishop, CA

Me, Alex, Grams Foster, Mom, Jay, Aiden.
Greeley, CO

My little muscule man FISH

Aiden and cousin Paige.

Daddy and FISH

GO AIDEN!!!

Alex in TIME-OUT

Aiden enjoying a mud bath
Windsor, CO

GO AIDEN

My Boys
Estes Park, CO

Love it!
Estes Park, CO

CUTE.
Estes Park, CO

Boys

Aiden and his British Soccer coach.

Aiden's team for the camp



Wrestling

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad to see you rejoined the blog community! Sounds like a wonderful summer and the pictures are great. I was on a swim team when I was a kid and while I loved it then, I appreciate it more now that I use what I learned to stay in shape- I like swimming way more than running!

Anonymous said...

I think you should win an award for the most gorgeous family ever!