Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Catch-Up.....Fall

So in August Aiden headed back to school entering 1st Grade.  He has done AMAZINGLY well.  He has a male teacher that has comic strip and super hero things up in  his classroom and Aiden LOVES it.  His teacher is GREAT.  Aiden is reading very well and hasn't complained this year about going to school which is always a plus. 


I also went back to school in August.  It was nice to get out of the house but it was definitely stressful.  2 days a week I had to have myself and the kids ready and out of the house by 715 so I could get everyone where they needed to be so I could get to my 8 o'clock class.  I couldn't have done this Fall semester without my friends and family.  Someone different watched Alex each day and I will be forever grateful for their help...Anna, Emily, Katie, Guia, and Heather.  I was able to make it through the semester with 3 B+'s and 1 A.  I have lowered my standards a bit as time has gone on BUT am still trying to get an A in every class. 

Jay had a BIG thing happen in August as well.  He was called to be on the High Counsel.  For those who don't know what this means, it means he gets to work closely with all the congregations in the Greeley area and it is quite the privilege.  Jay also got busy with school again this semester.  I am amazed by his shear stamina for life and all his responsibilities.  He is our HERO. 


Fall also marked my 30th birthday as well as Aiden's 7th Birthday and Alex's 1st birthday, ALL within 3 weeks of each other.  I was surprised on my birthday with a SURPRISE party thrown by some GREAT friends and my AMAZING hubby.  I was so shocked I cried and was totally embarrassed but was so grateful for the thoughts and efforts put in for my birthday.  THANK-YOU ALL!


Aiden and Alex had a combined party this year and probably every year from now on.  Every year we have a backyard party at Jay's parent's and every year we have been blessed with great weather.  Well this year about 4 days before the party it snowed 13 inches.  Well I got a bit nervous BUT its Colorado and it always melts quickl, right?.  Well it melted but not 13 inches.  So the day before the party, Heather and I shoveled the back yard so we could have yard to play on for the party.  It was hard work but it payed off. 
The party was so FUN!  A friend and customer of Jay's made the boys' cakes and they were PERFECT! 
Many friends and family came and enjoyed the sunny day and the yummy food.  I am always so grateful to Jay's parents for their effort in providing the YUMMIEST food and BEST atmosphere.


As I look back...again, I am struck with the blessings and awesomeness of my life.  We have had a GREAT 2011, even if MOST of it was spent sleepless. 
FYI- Alex started sleeping 80% of the time by November and sleepless nights became the minority.  Hallelujah!!!!!!

Here are some random order BUT Fall pictures!
Cole, Stella & Aiden @ the Zoo
Superhero's and the lovely princess
Denver, CO

Cozy
Denver Zoo

Alex and Marcus
(2 months apart)

Our "stressed" out baby

Playing with the cones at Aiden's soccer practice

More playing

He should be a soccer mascot

Aiden (red shorts) getting ready for some action

Practicing karate while playing soccer
(he's quite the multi-tasker)

The joys of a single BOX

He is so cute BUT so mad about the fuss
over his cuteness for church

Love this and Alex does not

Mama (as the boys call her) and her boys

Aiden and Chocolate...a love affair

Golden Corral was Aiden's choice for his Birthday dinner


LOVE this and will forever treasure this picture


Appa (as Alex calls his Grandpa) and his boys
on the day of their party
Aiden's a karate kid and Alex is a ninja
Oct. 29th

Aiden hugging his pinata
Alex eating his cake

Aiden's COOL track and motorcycle cake

Alex's cake

Checking it out

Not sure and he does NOT like pictures

Aiden with his cake

Aiden after eating his 1st piece of cake

Pinata action!

The pinata line

Opening gifts

Alex fell asleep on the ride home after the party
(the ride is 5 mins)

Aiden and Alex enjoying some chill time

Alex jumping on the couch without cushions

hmmm...Cute!

ADORABLE


Aiden in his fort
Pinata posing!

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

Wow! What a year you guys have had. Way to go on working so hard and almost being done with school, that is so exciting! I'm glad to hear Alex is sleeping better. Gabriella still never sleeps! Maybe it's a second child syndrome?