Saturday, January 7, 2012

2011 Catch-Up...Winter part 1

November and December in any year are busy times for the Bugarin Family.  November is my mom's birthday, Alex's birthday, Jay's mom AND sister, and its Thanksgiving.  December is my brother's birthday, our nephews birthday, and Jay's birthday, not to mention CHRISTMAS.

November was a good month mostly because I was getting sleep which means Alex was sleeping and so was everyone else.  Alex's birthday was celebrated with Aiden's and I celebrated it by going a trip with my dear friend Alicia.  I know what you're thinking, how could you leave on your baby's 1st birthday BUT I did and everything turned out fine.  :) 

Alex was not quite walking when he turned one and is quite the opinionated child...I have NO idea where he got that from BUT he is so already he refuses to do ANYTHING you want him to do UNLESS it is on HIS terms.  He is funny, cuddly, and ADORES his Appa (aka Grandpa Roberto).  Alex is a great eater and will eat just about anything.  He love Mexican food and will eat until he is so stuffed his little belly sticks out.  He has gotten SO much better than he was when he was younger and is happy and growing.  He can't have chocolate and we have to go light on the dairy and have yet to put him on cows milk.  He is 19lbs 29inches and in the 20th% for both.  Aiden was very similar with his growth as a child, very small until he was about 2 and then he hasn't stopped growing.  I think Alex may be the same but we will have to wait and see.

My boys!
Littleton, CO

Alex NOT posing for the camera
Littleton, CO

Alex sleeping and cuddling his blankets

My boy LOVE books

I will update on Aiden since I didn't in the Fall entry.  Aiden is 7 and very AWESOME. I know I sound so cheesy but he is such a good child.  He has his moments of putting his cousins in head-locks and taking things from friends and cousins BUT these moments are few and far between the helpful, happpy, thoughtful, kind, smart, funny Aiden I see nearly everyday.  He is doing better at trying new foods, without whinning and LOVES to snuggle.  He is an excellent reader in my eyes and does well at school.  He has a new crush every week and tells me all about them.  I hope he will always want to tell me, fingers crossed.  :)  Aiden is looking forward to getting baptized later this year and hope his enthusiasm sticks. 

Handsome
Littleton,CO

Playing with the cushions

Adorable
Littleton, CO

As I mentioned before I was able to go on a girls-ONLY trip with Alicia to San Diego for 4 days.  it was so RESTFUL and FUN!  We ate, slept, and laughed until we cried.  This trip was a birthday present from Jay for my 30th and I am so grateful I was able to go and Jay could take the time off work to stay with the kids.  Thank you babe and Thank you Alicia for a FABULOUS time and awesome memories.

Thanksgiving was GREAT this year.  Jay's sister came and brought a friend that is now her fiance and we really enjoyed having her around and getting to know David.  Aiden had a blast and got to spend the night with both of them in a fort they constructed.  He just loves his Tia! (that means Aunt in Spanish).  We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my family on Thanksgiving in Brighton at my brother Daniel's house and nearly ALL the family made it.  Ben and Tina didn't think they could make it all the way from HAWAII, I guess I don't blame them. We missed them though. 
Daniel came up with some fun games too.  He had a family feud game where he interview all the cousins and then had the parents answer the questions. It was pretty funny what the cousins came up with for answers to questions like,"what aunt do you think will eat the most on Thanksgiving?"  They answered....EMILY..WHAT?!  Everyone thought for sure they would say me, Sarah.  Nope they thought the skinnest person in the family would eat the most.  Funny huh?
We played games outside since it was 50 degrees and just enjoyed stuffing ourselves. 

On Friday after Thanksgiving, we had a nice dinner with Jay's parents.  Of course the meal was AMAZING.  I love his turkey and gravy and stuffing with jalepenos and his potatos and...oh yeah umm everything I like.  Oh yeah and homemade corn tortillas.  Yes, please be jealous because it was DELICIOUS.

Sadly I do not have any pictures from Thanksgiving BUT let me tell you we ALL looked good and skinny!  Hahaha! 

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

I love all the updates Sarah. It's so nice to hear about your family. Alex sounds hilarious, I love independent stubborn children...unless they are mine of course. I'm so glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving, sounds like quite the meal.