Sunday, March 20, 2011

Alexander's Blessing!

So this post is a long time coming or any post for that matter.  Alex was blessed on February 13th in the Spanish Branch.  Most of my family was able to come (we missed you Ben and Tina) and of course Jay's parents.  I had thought Jay would do the blessing in Spanish (naturally since we did it in the Spanish branch) and I had my dear brother Daniel record it on his phone that was conveniently located in his shirt pocket however Jay said it in English, for me...(he love me A LOT).  The blessing was beautiful and filled me with love for Jay and all those in circle.  The priesthood is an amazing thing. 

After the blessing we were able to head over to Guia and Roberto's for some AMAZING food and fun!  I have to say this was the main reason many of my family came but that's okay with me because we had such a GREAT time.  We were served some delicious chicken fajitas, Bugarin's FAMOUS re fried beans, Guia's WONDERFUL rice,  tortillas, and the most MOUTH-WATERING (eye-watering for some) homemade salsa.  Me,  my family, and some friends were in HEAVEN. 

I was in heaven for another reason..I was feeling so happy that my family was happy as they chatted and the kids played, and I had just had a baby blessed that we never knew would come but are oh so GRATEFUL he did.  I am just so blessed!!

Sadly I didn't take very many pictures but I will post what I do have.
Baby Alex on Blessing Day!

Alex posing the cool hands move...
Aiden used to do the same thing.

Brothers
(LOVE LOVE LOVE this one)

Aiden with a mask on..he was just getting
better so I did it as a precaution and
he was very good about it.

Blessing day...Aiden had already changed.


Daddy and Alex
(LOVE LOVE LOVE this one too!)

Oh and this one too!!!  LOVE IT!

Super sweet.  Guia ADORES her grandsons!

5 comments:

Katie Seamons said...

I love you guys! I miss you. You should come hang out with emily and I on friday.

kdbonacci said...

So sweet! I am glad that Jay said it in English for you because you are his Mother the primary person who will help him shape into the person Heavenly Father wants him to become. Also shows what a great guy you have there!
Man, that food sounds AWESOME!!! I wish I could have been there too!

Tina said...

Aw, what a handsome little man! We miss you guys, too. I wish we could have been there!

Natalie & Aaron said...

So cute and sweet! I'm so glad you got to hear the blessing in English how special of Jay to do that for you! Oh and reading about the food just made my mouth totally water yummy.

Connie and Mike said...

Oh how sweet... I know the feeling about not taking enough pictures.. but it is what it is... or you get what you get and you don't throw a fit... These babies are amazing... Yes... We Grandma's just adore them all...

Hope to see you this spring/summer/fall... notice I gave myself a big window of time... hehehe most needed in my life of crazy...

Love you all and miss you more...
Hugs