Saturday, March 9, 2013

Aiden's Baptism

As we approached this wonderful and special day I got more and more emotional which for those of you that know me is kinda unusual.  I just kept thinking about how old and grown-up Aiden was becoming and felt so inadequate and overwhelmed by my job as a mother.  Needless to say, the day came and boy was it wonderful!
On the morning of November 3, 2012 our sweet 8 year old entered the waters of baptism with his dad and was baptised a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  That morning we rushed around getting ready so we could be at the church 30 minutes early, like they told us to be.  Well certain members of our family (not pointing any fingers but it was another adult) were late getting ready so we left much later than I had wanted to and so I had to take some deep breathes and calm down are remember what the day was really about and just focus on enjoying the rest of the day. We made it to the church early enough and most of my family and Jay's were there BEFORE us but that is beside the point right? 
Aiden and one other child from the Stake (aka area) was baptised that day yet most of the group that came to the baptism were our family and friends. My mom and dad were there, Jay's parents, ALL my siblings minus Ben and Tina because they are in Hawaii, and Jay's sister and hubby.  We also had our good friends the Lubecks there, our neighbors the Shorts, and some new friends from our Ward (congregation).  I felt surrounded by love and comfort having all of them there.
The baptism itself was so touching and very tender for me.  Aiden was beaming with pride and purity.  I was so proud of him and so grateful Jay could perform the baptism and that Aiden's grandfathers were there to witness it.
After the baptism the talk about the Holy Ghost was given by my dad.  I just have to say it was one of the most spiritual and simple talk that explained the significance of the gift of the Holy Ghost and the guidance and comfort it would provide.  I am so grateful for my father's inspiration and ability to teach with such power and tenderness. 
Jay, the grandpas, my brothers, our brother in-law and our bishop were able to stand in the circle when Aiden was confirmed a member and given the gift of the Holy Ghost.  The blessing was touching and inspired.  I just had a deep and lasting impression that Aiden was meant for great things and he would be a true light in this world...as long as I remained close to the Spirit as I raised him.  Jay did so well and is such an amazingly spiritual and humble man and I am grateful he was able to offer such a beautiful blessing. 
I want to mention that during all of this Alex was a bit of a mess and if it weren't for my awesome neighbor and my super cool niece who took Alex out and calmed him down or distracted him I wouldn't have had such a nice time. 
I am truly blessed and so thankful for such a wonderful husband and children.







1 comment:

Alicia said...

Love that we get to go through these milestones together. I can't believe our boys are baptized and growing up so fast. You are such a good momma!
Love you Sarah!