Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Spring 2012...January - May

As I mentioned before I am slowly catching up on the last year so I can get back to more recent stuff. 

2012 started out busy and complicated.  My last semester of school was busy with a full load AND an internship in a neighboring town.  I had 4 different babysitters that watched Alex and Aiden had an army of Grandmas (okay only 2 but still..) getting him to and from school 3 days a week.  Jay was busy at Wells Fargo as usual and with his church calling.

In February, Jay and Aiden with Jay's parents headed to Utah for a long weekend to help Tia Sena with her wedding.  They cooked, decorated, and shuttled friends and family around for the festivities. Daddy and Aiden had a great time exploring the area that Sena and her new hubby were going to live.  They were blocks away from the State Capitol and lived on a street that had a very steep incline or rather the side of a HUGE hill.  Sena married a great guy name David and the weekend was fun and busy.  Alex and I stayed behind as I couldn't miss out on my internship and school with it being my last semester and all.  Congratulations Tia Sena and Tio David!!
Aiden and Daddy in SLC
Aiden at the Utah Capitol
Daddy and his little girl during the set-up
for the wedding reception
Aiden being funny as usual during
the set-up for Sena's wedding reception
Aiden and Sena
Finished product...Beautiful right?
Fun times before the wedding with Aiden
Sena, and David
*A quick but very important side note is that Alex was sleeping pretty reliably by January.  I was getting a consistent 6 to 7 hours a night and it was perfect timing with my busy schedule.  Alex also started walking right before I went back to school too.  14 months is not too shabby. 

Eating sticks

Alex wearing my bathing suit
Looks better on him for sure!
Playing in Grandma Debs backyard
his favorite thing.

Sitting in a chair with Grandma

Sitting in a chair watching Grandma garden

Telling Grandma how to garden
Cutest picture despite the binky

This year there was no annual trip to Mexicali in March.  Instead, Jay and his parents decided to go to Guadalajara in April to have a family reunion with ALL the family and to go to a quincenara.  The kids and I stayed behind because: 1. Too much money to fly us all and 2. Its was FINALS week for me.  Although I panicked about this trip and its timing, it all worked out.  My family and friends totally helped me out and carried the load while Jay was gone.  Jay and his parents were able to see family and friends they hadn't seen in many many years and enjoyed being with family for all the events.  Jay was even able to meet up with friends from his mission,  What a blessing it was for him and his family to go.  Some family  has died since then (old age) and being able to be with those special family members was quite an honor and blessing ( I will post pictures from this trip in a separate picture post).
Guia and Jay with some friends.
This is just a sampling of the many pictures I will post later.

March and April were full of swimming and just enjoying spring in Colorado.  We had our annual Easter Egg Hunt and breakfast at the Adams and it was a blast this time, as always.  The Herricks, Adams, and the Bugarins all brought eggs and food to help the day be a success.  I am grateful Elise hosts every year and that her awesome neighbors let us use their backyard for hunting.  Alex really took to the hunting of the eggs once he discovered they were full of candy.  So fun.

NJ and Aiden getting ready for the hunt

Alex telling me to get the egg.
Mouth full of candy.
Oh yeah baby.
All the participants happy and on a sugar high.

By May 5th 2012 I GRADUATED from college....FINALLY!!!  All the hard work and sacrifice of personal time and fun amounted to finally getting the piece of paper I had longed for for so long. The last semester was hard fought too especially with a professor who could care less that I had 2 kids and a life besides his class.  I truly felt blessed by the Lord during the course of the semester. I didn't get sick and I was able to get a 3.7 GPA for the semester and leave UNC with a GPA of 3.1 and NO student loan debt(this might be more of an accomplishment than the degree)! I couldn't have done it without my mom, my sister, my awesome friends, and most of all my AMAZING and supportive hubby Jay! 
I decided to walk and I am glad that I did.  It was a good moment walking across the stage knowing I was finished (if I wanted to be) and that I could be taken seriously professionally now that I had the diploma under my belt.  The ceremony was good actually and there was a GREAT speaker before the presenting of the graduates.  The only bad things was that it was nearly 90 degrees and I was wearing a polyester robe.  I decided AFTER I received my (fake) diploma that I would just sneak out and turn in my stuff and head home to get ready for my graduation FIESTA that my in-laws were throwing for me at the park. 
My fiesta was wonderful and the food was even better!  My good friend Holly from Utah even came in for my graduation and party.  I felt truly blessed.  Friends and family came and made me feel wonderful and special.  I am so grateful for my life and the people that are in it. 

Walking in to the stadium

The crowd gathered for me....ok and some other people too

My boy in the HOT sun during the ceremony
 
 
Holly looking good in the HOT sun
during the ceremony
Maybe me in a seat

ceremony






Aiden and Grandma Sheree







Kurt and Chad


 
Family and Friends
Jay and some friends
Family and Friends
Wallace Friends
Dan and the Hatch Clan
Alicia and John

Grandma, Alex and friends








Pato!
Long time friends










By the end of May we were in for  A LOT more changes than just moving a tassel from one side of my head to the other....tune in!

No comments: