Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2011 Catch-up.....Winter Part 2


I ended up splitting Winter since so much happens and I have a million pictures. 

In December we took Aiden to see the Nutcracker here in town, and hopefully have started a family tradition.  I have always gone to the one in Denver but didn't want to go through all the fuss this year.  Aiden really enjoyed the show and especially the music but he did get tired and ask to go home once.  He is such a wonderful boy.  We had fun and I have no idea if I took pictures but we looked cute and happy. 

For Christmas this year we celebrated with Jay's extended family in town on Christmas Eve and then with his mom, dad, and sister on Christmas Day. I really like enjoying Christmas with Jay's family.  They are much more formal about it then my family would ever be and for that I am grateful because it gives me reason to dress-up (since I just love to get dolled up.....not).  I do like that they take it so seriously though.  The food is always amazing and the company is great!  This year I was asked to bring some "American" fare and so I brought my now famous Lasagna.  Well let me tell ya, EVERYONE (but Roberto) LOVED it!  I was so nervous but it was a hit and I have already been asked to bring it again next year. 
So the way the extended Bugarin family does Christmas is by gift-exchange.  At Thanksgiving we draw names and then keep it a secret until we hand it to the individual on Christmas Eve.  Everyone thinks this is fun and its funny sometimes to see who had who but it is quite time-consuming.  Its awesome, what am I saying?  Its nice to see what everyone received and to do it with care and time.  I am a bit impatient aren't I?  Don't answer that!   The evening ends with gifts and smiles all around and we are off to wrap presents at home and wait for Santa.
Primos young and "old."

Mouths full on all the yummy-ness!
All the Bugarin/Covarrubias Primos...All Boys!

 

Christmas morning was nice.  We had a mini present opening with my mom and Aiden is allowed to open one present before we head to Grandma and Grandpa's for the rest of the festivities.  Aiden picked his gift from Santa which was a DS Nintendo thing.  He loved it to say the very least.  He was shocked, as was I because I really don't like gaming things but Santa and Daddy must have worked things out.  We got my mom a snuggie since she is old and cold all the time...okay she isn't that old but she is cold a lot. 
We headed over for the long 5 minute drive to Jay's parents to finish up Christmas morning with them and Sena.  It was great and warm as usual.  I really enjoy the feeling I have every year in my in-law's home, priceless for sure.

Only picture from Myers Bowling.
Max and Aiden = Best friends!
Alex hated the present opening on the whole.  There were a few moments that he was into it but mostly just irritated.  He just wanted to be with Grandpa and for everyone to stop asking him to open something.  Aiden was in Heaven and received plenty.  We ate an awesome breakfast and headed to the Annual Myers Family Bowling. 


 
The "Happy-I-Got-A-Nintendo DS-Face!  Priceless

Happy Parents with Happy Gifts!
My boys!

 
So every year since my parents divorced my family has gone bowling on Christmas.  It is a fun and exciting tradition where cousins and siblings get to commiserate about the day and life in a space that is big enough for all of us and Aiden loves it.  Usually there is minimal competition but if you want to know the top players they are Mom, Chad, and Kurtis...Ben would probably be up there too but he hasn't been in a bit since he lives in Hawaii, I guess he's excused. 

Now I'd like to tell you that through all these fun and sweet moments I was stressed out of my mind.  I was in the midst of pulling off the surprise party of the century for Jay's 30th Birthday which was 2 days away and was keeping me on edge and kinda grumpy.

Jay's birthday is on the 27th of December and I worked hard to make this one special.  With the help of several people and my wonderful in-laws I rented a little party hall, had a specialty cake made, decorated, and had good food on hand for this bash.  I will do a quick shout out to Jay's sis for all her hard work to help me those 2 days after Christmas to get things ready.  My awesome and talented childhood friend Ashley for the decorations and ideas and just being the greatest friend.  The wonderful friend who made the yummy and funny cake (who happens to have a bakery you should check out if you are in the area).  Of course Jay's parents provided the food that was yummy and amazing. 
So in order to surprise Jay I knew I had to come up with something legit and involve others to be more believable.  So I arranged with some friends to meet us near the party locale to pick up some tickets for a demolition derby that would transpire in the summer.  Trust me this is cool and Jay's favorite thing. So I drive there and we "spot" our friends car but "realize" that the ticket office is closed, shocker! (*the quotations are indicating things that are sarcastic).  So our friends drive a weird way around the grounds of this place and tell us to maybe try this other building that has lights on.  Jay doesn't want to try because it looks like they are having a party in there, no duh!  So I say that our friends had gone in(which they had) and said we could pick up tickets in there.  So Jay agrees although he is annoyed.  We walk in and he is completely surprised!  YES!!!!  The first thing he says to me is, "why did you let me leave the house looking like this?"  Oh, Jay the man who looks good ALL the time, had dressed down that night but still looked HOT to me.  We had a great time and really enjoyed the friends and family who came and made the night a good one. 
Friends
Friends & Family

Family

Awesome buffet Bugarin style

Jay enjoying the buffet
Sena and I with close family friends

Crazy Wells Fargo friends

Making a wish before Aiden blows out the candles.


Its says "Wimps lift weights. Cheerleaders lift people"
That is a picture of Jay as a cheerleader back in high school baby!
 

Bugarin Family!

As you can see we had a busy year and December in 2011 and 2012 proved to be another busy and trying year with lots to celebrate and lots to adjust to.  Tune in....


*Note: Because I have been away from blogger for so long I am having trouble adding pictures and well I figured out a weird way but if something is amiss please let me know and call me and tell me how to do it!

No comments: