Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010!!!

I LOVE the Holiday season.  I love the baking (not necessarily me doing it though), the smells, the sights, the sounds, and the spirit of it all.  I also find myself looking for the Christmas I see on TV and  then luckily I remember the real reason to celebrate.  So this year I just let the holidays happen and enjoyed family, friends, and food ( I enjoyed this last one a bit too much).  I have to say though, I didn't do as much as I would have usually done but I did the most important (at least to me) and I have to say it was one of the better Christmas' I've had. 

Cute Boy with House.

Aiden has been home for a while now and I have to say I LOVE IT!  He is so wonderful and growing up so fast.  I love our conversations and he is such a HUGE help for me with Alex.  Aiden and I were able to make a Gingerbread House, one of those kits, and I loved the kit just not the so called "frosting" they have to put it all together with.  It tasted like glue (trust me I would know I ate some in Kindergarten and I remember).  Aiden didn't seem to notice the nastiness of the frosting and licked it a lot ( this a boy who doesn't really eat french fries, so what does he know about yumminess, right?)  Anyhoo, we had a nice time and am grateful we did it. 

Christmas Eve was spent with Jay's extended family at an Aunt's home.  We had a gift exchange and some AWESOME tamales and I made Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Aiden even tried and ate half a tamale.  We are so proud.   Aiden had a great time playing with his cousins on daddy's side and watching everyone open gifts.  It was nice to just chat and enjoy the time with family. 

The "Little" Boys.



Beautiful Lilliana.



The "Big" Boys!


Father/Daughter picture..need I say more?

The Siblings in GQ fashion
& gorgeous as always.

 
Jay and I finished Christmas Eve at home wrapping presents and watching a funny movie. Bytheway, Jay's way of wrapping presents is covering them with masking tape.  Very original if I do say so. Anyhow, I stayed up WAY too late and ended up very tired by the time Aiden was up and ready to open gifts Christmas morning.  However, Aiden's sweet spirit awoke mine and off we went to see what Santa had left. 

Let me begin with saying that every year Aiden leaves Santa a note and requests something of him.  Last year he said he wanted a picture of Rudolf and this year he said he wanted a picture of an Elf. Well he got his wish and was very thrilled.  He loves receiving these special note and pictures that are just for him.  Thank you Santa (wink wink) for taking the time to do that every year.
After Aiden found his note he went straight to his Santa present and went at it.  It was a Zhu Zhu Pet Battle Arena.  Just what he wanted.  Needless to say he was overjoyed.  We then checked our stockings and then loaded up the rest of the gifts and headed over to the Bugarins.  I love this tradition.  I love the excitement and warm family feeling on Christmas morning in their home.  We had an awesome breakfast of eggs, beans, tortillas, and pancakes (no we did not eat the pancakes with beans).
The unwrapping of gifts was thrilling and to be honest Aiden did most of the unwrapping like he does every year, since he had been the only grandchild on this side for 6 years. Next year I think he and Alex will both be unwrapping gifts for some time.  I look forward to that day when they can share in the joy together, something our family had longed for for some time.

Santa Present!

Shear Zhu Zhu Joy!


Aiden & Alex with stockings
from G. Grandma Foster.

Daddy and Aiden..Cute as always!

Guia & Roberto with the blankets
I made. 

Roberto with his annual gift of jeans.
 
A rare and unusually good photo of me
on Christmas morning.
Jay posing (as usual) with the
gift Aiden picked out and
 bought for his daddy.

As you can see Christmas morning is always a delight.

Every year the Myers' go bowling and have since I was about 10.  I love this tradition and am so grateful that we have kept it going.  Jay LOVES this tradition and looks forward to it every year.  This year we really missed Ben & Tina and kids however we still managed to have a GREAT time.  Aiden and I bowled and ended up with almost the same score (obviously I did not prepare well enough).  Jay was able to hammer out a perfect 100. 


The Family...and Dan starring off
in the distance...


Big Bro and Little Kids
 
Me and Aiden


Cute pic...even with the tongue.
Christmas Day ROCKED!

1 comment:

Connie and Mike said...

I am so happy to have the blogging Sarah back. I have missed you and your sweet updates of your wonderful family.

Warren is jealous of the hair... but other than that the two boys, not a month apart, will be good friends I'm sure.

Miss you and love you tons...
Hugs, Connie